Sanctuary

Our historic Sanctuary building hosts the 8:30 and 10:00 am Sunday morning Worship Services. Sunday School and nursery care are also held in this building during the 10:00 am service.

Fellowship Hall

After nearly a year of planning and re-construction, our Fellowship Hall has re-opened!  We thank all those involved in the work and are happy to be able to use the building again!

 

 

 

This facility (across the street from our sanctuary) at 111 Richwood Road, was completed in 2007. 

We are pleased to offer our Fellowship Hall to host events or meetings. The hall is available to non-profit organizations and for private not-for-profit use by our church members and church-member-sponsored individuals. To schedule the hall for an event, please call (856) 589-0874.

RUMC Fellowship Hall

Hall Rental Fees:

  • Main Hall - $325 (plus $150 Security Deposit) for up to 5 hours. $60 per hour for each additional hour.
  • Kitchen - $175 (plus $50 Security Deposit).
  • Cleaning Fee - $175

Read more: Fellowship Hall

Cemetery

New Jersey Certificate of Authority Number 306

Custodian: Geoff Young 856-478-6135

The cemetery is managed by a small committee of volunteers. All proceeds from the cemetery are used for maintaining the cemetery and, as required by the State of New Jersey, for the Maintenance and Preservation Trust Fund. For matters pertaining to internment, grave lots and memorials, please contact the custodian listed above.

To purchase a lot, please contact Geoff Young. The prices listed below became effective May 1st, 2006.

Read more: Cemetery

Church History

First Gatherings

On May 22, 1860, the Mount Pleasant Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in a little community that had been called White Horse (1825), Campbell’s Cross Roads, Mount Pleasant (1840), Five Points (1879), Richwood (1889) and “Hell Town.” Preliminary meetings were held at Clems Run School House, located a mile south of the White Horse Tavern, which stood on the site of the present recreation field. Following this, the present Richwood Academy (a school house at the time) was used as a church. In fair weather, church meetings were held outside in the grove of trees.

Read more: Church History